Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 3

Picture 16: Let's start off with a CUTE baby.  Owen is cute and playing on the quilt.  
Picture 17: This is Owen in his Rastafarian Elf Hat.  He is in the car seat so he isn't super happy.  
Picture 18: One of Owen's favorite foods right now: sweet potatoes with yogurt.  Babies get such BRIGHT utensils.  I want one for myself.
The following photos are all taken for the theme of a really appealing contest.  Boston.com has posted its 3rd annual "What's That?" Photo contest.  The deadline is February 5th.  The idea is to take a cool picture that looks neat even if you can't immediately figure out what you are looking at. My first four attempts follow.  I will post what they are next week.  Kudos to the person that can identify each one first.  Post your guess in the comments. 


Picture 19: My first attempt at making you go "Hmmm......" I will say this was with the macro lens. 

Picture 20: Not taken with the macro lens, but still pretty cool.  I am guessing you can guess what part of this picture is right away.  
Picture 21:  Christmas colors in January.  Green and red are just so striking when you put them together. 
Picture 22: This one is my favorite so far.  I am wondering if I should have cropped it a bit more.  I love the texture.

For the photos that didn't make the top 7 this week, check out my flicker stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonyacarlson/.  BUT, don't go until you've guessed what the mystery pictures are.  There are some versions of the above pictures that aren't so cryptic.

2 comments:

  1. potpourri, christmas tree + angel ornament of some kind, green cake decor on a red plate, a turkey. some part of a turkey. the waddle maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice job! Every answer is REALLY close if not perfect.
      1. Tri-colored peppercorns
      2. Christmas tree + bottom of a glass Christmas tree ornament
      3. Green cake decor in a red measuring cup
      4. EXACTLY!

      Delete