Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 31

Picture 212:  Owen is just the perfect picture of a drummer and patriot.  He makes it even better with that pacifier.  Not historically accurate, just better. 
Picture 213:  This is a Lanner Falcon normally found in Northern Africa.  The falconers were at the Hillsborough Living History Weekend, which was wicked cool. 

Picture 214: A sign seen at the Hillsborough Living History weekend.  There just aren't enough signs with the word "accoutrements" in them.  Or with the word correctly spelled, "accouterments", either.    
Picture 215: This guy was part of the encampment for the French and Indian War section of the Hillsborough Living History weekend.  He looked pretty realistic--as far as I know.  I wasn't there, but I'll take his word for it.  He looks like one SERIOUS dude.      
Picture 216: Owen was getting sleepy after a whole day at the Hillsborough Living History weekend.  We were going on a buggy ride at this moment.  Owen was wearing his, "I am really tired, but there is so much to LOOK at!" face.      

Picture 217:  Wow!  We were in a horse drawn carriage as we came across a horseless carriage.  Worlds colliding and I am not even part of either of those worlds.    
Picture 218: Owen was much more awake after a nap.  Naps solve everything it seems.  We should all take naps at noon.  I know I would be a much better worker.  I wouldn't eat glasses like Owen does, but then, I am not as cute and little as him.    

And, as always, for the photos that didn't make the top 7 this week, check out my flicker stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonyacarlson/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment